Terms and Conditions for Metal Scrap Collection
You may bring metal scrap yourself to the collection site or you may use our company’s transport. We have a large transport fleet to ensure high quality customer service.
Containers rent, metal scrap loading, transportation, dismantling of metal structures – these are the most commonly ordered services for sale of ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap.
ATTENTION TO PRIVATE CLIENTS!
When selling a metal scrap a private client must present an identity document. According to the personal income tax law of the Republic of Lithuania, the income received from the sale of non-ferrous and ferrous metal scrap is subject to taxes at a tax rate of 5 percent, the buyer calculates a 5 percent tax from the price and transfers it to the budget.
As the market situation changes, the company reserves the right to adjust its price lists and colleciton conditions.
Rules for Evaluation of the Quality of Ferrous Metal Scrap
Essential rules applicable to all types of metal scrap:
- None type of the metal scrap must contain: explosives, artillery shells, bombs, dangerous highly flammable materials.
- There must not be hollow objects which ends are closed, fused or compressed.
- Radioactive materials. All types of metal scrap must be non-radioactive.
All metal scrap must be clean. If the metal scrap contains harmless impurities: wood, earth, concrete, rags, etc., the contamination will be removed as a percentage:
- Steel scrap with a thickness of at least 4 mm and dimensions of 500 * 500 * 1500 mm up to 3%.
- Steel scrap with a thickness of at least 4 mm and dimensions not limited up to 3%.
- Steel scrap with a thickness of less than 4 mm from 3% to 5%.
- Steel shavings from 3% to 5%.
- There is applied 1% of contamination to all non-ferrous metal scrap.
- There are applied 20% of contamination to all fully equipped cars.
- There is applied 8% of contamination to vehicle bodies without plastic parts, with plastics – 20%.
- If the percentage of contamination of metal scrap is higher than specified in the aforementioned rules, the percentage of contamination is determined by the responsible employee of Ekoterra, UAB, by making remarks in the sale-purchase agreement of metal scrap.
EKOTERRA UAB, Kirtimų str. 61, Vilnius